About Me

My photo
Southern gal making a home in New Jersey by way of Georgia and California. Like most women I am a mom, partner, employee, cook, housekeeper - well, you know the drill. Trying to make everything work while still finding time to craft, create and express "Me."

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wow - its been a busy few weeks!

Lets see... well, I must admit that after my last post, my head was still stuck on Halloween for a bit and I continued crafting Halloween decor. Its snowed here in NJ on Halloween and I was completely robbed and I just needed a little more time to get it out of my system. Im glad to admit that that I am totally focused on Christmas now and have been quite busy.
I will mention quickly that we had a great Thanksgiving and started something new this year. We did a bake-off of sorts. We teamed up (we have 8 family members mind you) and had 3 teams of 2 people each - we were excited to cook yummy sweets and have the 20+ guests enjoy and vote. My youngest step-daughter Jackie and I did two desserts. First we did easy individual oreo cheesecakes - you can find the recipe for those all over the web and they are so easy. The second cheesecake we did was a caramel apple cheesecake by following this recipe - Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars | The Girl Who Ate Everything. Simply awesome and everybody loved it and it was an easy win! Make this if you love cheesecake - it is to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment